Thursday 8 November 2012

Some random prop makes...

I really enjoy producing props.  Its normally because the production cant afford to use the experts, but I won't complain because I love making things.  Here are a few random bits I have produced over the years.  A mini Ray Winston for '44 Inch chest', a ancient Hittite peace treaty for BBC's Egypt, a fake but animated sat nav for 'Hustle', and a ancient codex for Nation Geographic's Gospel of Judas.
Mini Ray started out as a wax sculpture.  Given the choice I always start in wax and make a cast rather than Sculpey.
This is a cast of mini Ray fully painted up with removable hat.

Here is mini Ray in action.

One ancient peace treaty.  This was made out of Milliput within a wood frame...with lots of filler.
An ancient codex.  I made this out of distressed leather and sheets of papyrus.

A dummy sat nav with animated screen.  The show wanted a map of London but was filming in Birmingham.