Friday 9 November 2012

An evening with Barry Manilow



In 2011 I worked on a music special featuring Barry Manilow.  Patrick Doherty was the Production Designer and the set design was a tad tricky as we had to accommodate a substantial orchestra.  It looked really cool in the end although I still prefer the our first concept.




My initial visual of the set (the Production didn't like this concept)
As the digital method didn't seem to impress production we went old school with card models.
This is the colour card model of the final design.



A drawing I produced to build the frame work that was needed to enclose the monitors that would make up the word 'MANILOW'
The revised studio setting plan.

The final set (picture taken by Paul Houston)
Apparently Barry Manilow kept these letters after the show - I hope they are on his front lawn back in Hollywood.